As of January 7, 2022 • © 2022, California Department of Public Health updated requirements for visiting Hospitals and Nursing Homes. Please review the following information when planning a visit to Seneca Healthcare District.
Visiting The Hospital
You must be fully vaccinated OR show a negative COVID-19 test.
Visitors to hospitals must show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test (taken within one day of visitation for antigen
tests, or within two days of visitation for PCR tests).
The following exceptions may be permitted (but for no longer than 72 hours):
• Visitors for patients in critical condition, when death may be imminent
• In emergent situations, for parents or guardian visitors of pediatric patients
Visiting The Skilled Nursing Facility
You must be fully vaccinated or boosted AND show a negative COVID-19 test
• Anyone visiting with a nursing home resident indoors must show BOTH proof of full vaccination/booster status AND a negative COVID-19 test (taken
within one day of visitation for antigen tests, or within two days of visitation for PCR tests).
• Anyone visiting with a nursing home resident outdoors only must show a negative test. ALL VISITORS, for any of the above settings, must wear a face covering and practice physical distancing at all times.
• All visitors to any of the above settings must wear a well-fitting face mask at all times at the facility (a surgical mask, double masking or a respirator is recommended).
• All visitors must also physically distance from other patients/residents/visitors that are not part of their group at all times.
Some exceptions may apply.
Read the full guidance.