Testing performed on-site at Seneca Clinical Laboratory
Chemistry & Immunochemistry
- Comprehensive metabolic panel1 (CMP- includes calculated GFR)
- (Sodium, potassium, chloride, CO2, glucose, urea nitrogen (BUN), creatinine, calcium, alkaline phosphatase, alanine aminotransferase, aspartate aminotransferase, total bilirubin, total protein, and albumin).
- Basic metabolic panel2 (BMP- includes calculated GFR)
- (Sodium, potassium, chloride, CO2, glucose, urea nitrogen (BUN), creatinine, calcium).
- Renal panel (includes calculated GFR)
- (Sodium, potassium, chloride, CO2, glucose, urea nitrogen (BUN), creatinine, calcium and phosphorous).
- Lipid panel
- (Total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides).
- Hepatic panel
- (Total & direct bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, alanine aminotransferase, aspartate aminotransferase, total protein and albumin).
- BUN/CREATININE- (includes calculated GFR)
- Iron binding capacity
- Calculated % Iron saturation
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Uric acid
- C-Reactive protein (CRP)
- Free thyroxine (FT4)
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH)
- 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA)
- hCG, Beta subunit, quantitative (blood)
- Blood pregnancy testing, qualitative
- Cardiac Troponin-I
- B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP)
- Total and direct bilirubin
- Spinal fluid glucose & protein
- Total creatine kinase (CK)
- Ethanol, (blood only)
- Complete urinalysis, reflex to microscopic review of concentrated sediment, if indicated.
- Urine drug screening (medical screens only, not post-accident or other “for cause testing”).
- Urine pregnancy testing, qualitative
Hematology & Coagulation
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Complete blood count with differential
- Microscopic blood smear review
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR
- Prothrombin time (PT, INR)
- Activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT)
Immunohematology and Transfusions Services
- Blood Group and type (ABO, Rh)
- Antibody screen
- Compatibility testing of donor blood for patient transfusion
- Direct antiglobulin test (DAT)
- Respiratory panel (20 target pathogens) plus SARS-CoV-2 (Nucleic acid amplification)
- Rapid antigen testing (SARS-CoV-2, Influenza A,B, Group A Strep)
- Routine culture and antimicrobic susceptibility testing
- Gram Stain- Direct smear (genital, wounds, sputum, etc.)
Testing not performed on-site is referred to our contracted reference laboratory, LabCorp. Sample pickup by courier is Monday – Saturday, and usual report turn-around-times range from the next day to 7 days or more, depending on factors such as if the assay is automated or performed manually, incubation times (fungal cultures, anaerobic cultures), or use of highly specialized technology, etc.
For further information regarding specimen requirements for reference laboratory testing, please see the link below: