SHD COVID-19 UPDATES
*All changes to go into effect on April 3rd, 2023*
- Facemask use in the hospital and clinic will now be based on CDC COVID-19 Community Levels (updated weekly) but may be changed at the discretion of SHD’s Infection Prevention Practitioner and administration.
|CDC COVID-19 Community Level||SHD Masking Requirements|
Masking is not required.
*Masking is required when entering a patient/resident’s room or when in close contact with a patient/resident (within 3 feet)
*Masking is required inside the hospital or clinic for those with possible patient/resident contact. Patients/Visitors masking is required.
*Masking will be maintained for at least two weeks and then reevaluated based on the current CDC Community Level.
- SHD will continue to provide masks for any staff members who choose to continue wearing masks when not required.
- Staff will be notified via email and bulletin board posting when there is a change in the Community Level and the requirements/recommendations for that level.
- ER, Acute, and SNF COVID + patients and residents may have visitors, provided they comply with hospital visitor guidelines and PPE requirements.
- Visitors will not be required to wear a facemask inside unless the Community Level is high, or they are visiting a patient/resident with PPE requirements.
- Visitors should not enter the hospital when they have respiratory symptoms/fever or have tested positive for/exposed to COVID-19 in the last 5 days.
- Patients are not required to wear a mask inside (Community Level dependent) unless they have respiratory symptoms, fever, or have recently tested + for COVID-19 or any other respiratory illness.
COVID + PATIENT/RESIDENT
- Staff is not required to wear a mask in the hallways (Community Level dependent) when there is a COVID + patient in the hospital or Clinic. Those staff members who enter a COVID + room must still comply with all PPE requirements for COVID.
- Routine COVID testing of unvaccinated/ non-boosted employees will no longer be required.
- Symptomatic employees will continue to be tested for COVID (and Flu during Flu season).
- COVID testing will continue prior to all admissions and prior to procedures or surgeries performed at SHD.
HCP COVID + / EXPOSURE
- CDPH guidelines for isolation for HCP have not changed.
- CDPH guidelines for exposed employees have not changed.
*COVID-19 + staff members who have returned to work after a negative test will wear an N-95 mask until day 10 when symptoms started.
- Staff will continue to sign and initial the self-attestation form when entering the buildings that state they do not have signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors entering the SNF will continue to sign the self-attestation form that states they do not have signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
*ALL COVID-19 UPDATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGES PENDING THE RELEASE OF CDPH’S MOST CURRENT ALL FACILITY LETTER (AFL)*
THE CDC WEBSITE FOR COMMUNITY LEVELS IS
CDC COVID Data Tracker: County View
THIS SITE IS UPDATED WEEKLY ON THURSDAYS. INFECTION PREVENTION WILL SEND OUT AN EMAIL IF THERE ARE COMMUNITY-LEVEL CHANGES AND THE COMMUNITY-LEVEL INFORMATION WILL BE PUT ON THE INFECTION PREVENTION BULLETIN BOARD (LOCATED BY THE BACK DOOR OF THE HOSPITAL) AND A BULLETIN BOARD BY THE EMPLOYEE ENTRANCE DOOR OF THE CLINIC WILL BE COMING SOON.
~ Catie Neely, IP Manager